- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Demographic characteristics of inmates in institutions and parolees, commitment offenses, number of parolees per year and county, time served, incidents, escape information, second and third strike inmate informtion, historical trends.
- California Legislative Analyst’s Office
- Reports on budget, crime, environment, children, traffic, education.
- Criminal Justice Statistics Center
- Adult felony arrest dispositions, adult probation, arrests, citizens’ complaints against police officers, death in custody, domestic violence-related calls, hate crimes, homicides, juvenile court and probation, law enforcement officers killed or assaulted, law enforcement personnel, violent crimes committed against senior citizens.
- Judicial Council of California
- Detailed statewide caseload data for each fiscal year as well as 10-year trend data on a wide range of court business, extensive data for individual court.
- Rand California
- Data on children, crime, education, environment, health, immigration, labor, population, transportation.
The mission of the National Archive of Criminal Justice Data (NACJD) is to facilitate research in criminal justice and criminology, through the preservation, enhancement, and sharing of computerized data resources; through the production of original research based on archived data; and through specialized training workshops in quantitative analysis of crime and justice data.
[U.S. Department of Justice] Data on crime, courts, corrections, law enforcement, and funding for records improvement.
- Council of Professional Associations on Federal Statistics
- Reports on crime, CPI, census.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation [U.S. Department of Justice]
- Crime trends and data, uniform crime reports-National, selected cities.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons
- Number of institutions, total population, inmate demographics, sentences/types of offenses, staff demographics.
- Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
- A vast archive of social science data for research and instruction. Free to CSUB students, faculty, and staff who register online to use the ICPSR database.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
- Corrections, court, drugs and crime, gun violence, homicide, international, juvenile justice, law enforcement, NIBRS (National Incident-Based Reporting System), victims of crime, other issues in criminal justice.
- Urban Institute
- Data on children, crime, elderly, housing, immigration, labor, economy.